Pages

Sunday 12 October 2014

Trade what you see and not what you think

Last Friday, US closed at important support level - 200MA.  DOW broke ascending line, closed slightly below 200MA.  S&P closed at the 200MA and support level 1906.  NADSAQ same as DOW closed slightly below 200MA.  200MA - the psychology level for fund managers.  Will market U-turn at the 200MA?  My strategy is trade what you see and not what you think.  Look for signal at level. 
Knowing who is the big brother.  STI, one gap down followed by the other.  Same as the US market, last Friday it touched/closed at the 200MA.  As my last posted, 3220 is a major support level for STI.  If this level break, I will be looking at 3180 and further down a major one at 3050.  So, trade what I see and not what I think.  Look for signal at level. 
Market moves ahead economic.  When the sanction starts between Russia and the Western, in my heart with my knowledge, I knew it is going to impact their economic growth.  Even thought a lot analysts and economists......said that the impact is gong to hit hard on the Russian where else the Western......  All those are nonsense.  That is why I always tell myself, do my homework, do your own analysis and don't listen to others.  German is the economic leader for the EU.  Look what happened to their past months economic numbers.  DAX has drop 12%.  Last Friday, it broke the 8900 important support level.  Will they U-turn?  Again trade what you see and look for signal at level.  As long as it does not drop more than 20% towards 25% the papa bear has not yet come into play/the game.
When the big brother sneeze, everyone feels the chill.  Last Friday Shanghai index also got affected by the US market.  It starts to form divergence.  Nevertheless, the recent 沪港通 may force SSE to play a different ball game.  Investor and traders may pull and push, enter at a much attractive pricing to catch the wave of 沪港通.  What I am more concentrate/concern is if this correction allows the China market to catch out with the US market and then the global market start to move side by side towards north, then traders and investors, you better be really - highly on guards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment