Pages

Thursday 26 March 2020

Piece of advice


Over the past 3 days, I have number of people asking me these:-
“Is time to go in, right?”
“I wanted to buy SIA / DBS /…., what do you think?  Is this the good time to buy SIA?”
“No, you see I just want to buy and keep.  For long term.  You know ah, this XXX stock dividend very high.” ……………

Some of these questions sound familiar, aren’t there?  I worry for all these people.

How you know and be so confident to say that the bull is taking over?  How you are so sure that this is not a 跌深反弹 nor 逃命反弹。

No one can predict price movement. You can't, I can't and nor the best analyst, trader and investor in the world. Beware of anyone who claims otherwise. When the person tell you the next market movement direction.... at time they are lucky to get it right.  The person who can constantly correctly foresee how the market will develop or how particular stock will move has yet to be born.  

We even have people out there who nurtured on all those tales of good fortune like Warren Buffett and attempt to duplicate them but in the fact they are making tons of money thru' conducting irresponsible courses.


My friends, my advice to you is to do your homework, trade and invest what you see and not what you think nor listening to others.  
I also know people who buy certain counter at the right time.  Say example at $12 and the stock went up to $15 and he did not take profit.  During this free fall, this counter went down all the way to $9.  Worst scenario is he buy more, on $13 and $11 respectively.  My friends, remember this knowing when to sell is more important than knowing when to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment